On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 4:41 AM David Wolfskill <da...@catwhisker.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 01:34:50PM +0200, Walter Schwarzenfeld wrote:
> > Try recompile graphics/libspiro.
>
> Thanks.  As noted, I did (along with graphics/gegl), and that appears to
> have circumvented the problem.
>
> I wrote the note so that others might make use of my experience: the
> issue is resolved for me.
>
> Peace,
> david

Actually, no need to rebuild libspiro. The problem is that libpiro was
updated Aug. 19 and the shareable version was bumped from '0' to '1' making
gegl fail to load. Rebuilding gegl allows it to run normally and gimp-app
to build.
The real problem is that the pkg database is not working "right". i looked
at gegl dependencies, it showed libspiro:
   > pkg info -d gegl
   gegl-0.4.16_2:
   [...]
   openexr-2.3.0_2
   libspiro-20190731,1
   librsvg2-2.40.20
  [...]

But showing the "depends on" for libspiro showed:
   > pkg info -r libspiro
   libspiro-20190731,1:

So attempting to list dependencies on libspiro would not have flagged gegl
s needing a PORT_REVISION bump to be rebuilt to catch the .so version bump
of libspiro. This should not happen, but clearly did... and not just to me.
I will also mention that the commit to libspiro did not mention the
shareable version bump or bump PORT_REVISION on ny ports. So the committer
perhaps did not realize that there was an issue. I will drop the committer
a note.
E-mail: rkober...@gmail.com