On 2019-09-12 13:13, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
Hello.

I'd like some information WRT to the status of samba ports, what is [not] working, what *should* be working and what is planned.
Is it supposed to be production ready?
What does and what does not work?
Is there some page (wiki or whatever) that outlines the status of Samba on FreeBSD?
Is there anything we can do to help?

Hello.
While we are still in the dark here, 4.11 was released today, obsoleting 4.8, which I think is the default version on FreeBSD.

Sorry for being pedantic, but I believe a lot of us would benefit from some guidance: _ should we upgrade promptly to 4.10? Will it work or will it be a waste of time? _ should we stay on 4.8, because it will be the default on FreeBSD for a long time still? And will it be fixed? _ should we just wait for a (working) 4.11 to come our way? When will this happen?

 bye & Thanks
        av.