Le 16/10/2019 à 09:02, David Demelier a écrit :
Le 15/10/2019 à 18:41, Steve Wills a écrit :
I disagree with the idea that we can have simply one version of Ruby in ports. Look at all the work it takes to move an app like GitLab to a new version of Ruby:

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-foss/issues/41825
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-foss/issues/57323

I see no reason to think Ruby 2.7 will be any different.

So Ruby team is lying with their versioning promise?

So they say to follow semantic versioning while it's not [0]

    MINOR: increased every christmas, may be API incompatible

Definitely not what semantic versioning defines. I finally understand why other languages gained popularity over it ;)

[0]: https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2013/12/21/ruby-version-policy-changes-with-2-1-0/

--
Regards