On Mon, 14 Oct 2019, Carmel NY wrote:

I am considering installing "wsdd" <https://github.com/christgau/wsdd>.
I have not been able to find a port for it. I just want to confirm that
there isn't a port available for this program before I go about
installing it from source.

No, I don's see it:

$ pkg search wsdd

(nothing)

$ pkg search discovery
jakarta-commons-discovery-0.5  Java library for locating resources (including
classes)
p5-HTML-RSSAutodiscovery-1.21_1 Methods for retrieving RSS-ish information from
an HTML document
rubygem-aws-sdk-applicationdiscoveryservice-1.21.0 Official AWS Ruby gem for
AWS Application Discovery Service
rubygem-aws-sdk-servicediscovery-1.18.0 Official AWS Ruby gem for AWS Cloud Map
(ServiceDiscovery)

$ (cd /usr/ports && make search name="wsdd")

(nothing)

It looks like the author already provides startup file for FreeBSD
so I think it would be trivial to prepare and submit the port:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

Looks like these are only few files to install.

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/licenses.html

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-manpages.html

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/install.html

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/rc-scripts.html