On 3/22/20 5:59 AM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
I recently got asked about WPS Office, a really nice office suite that
works on the linuxulator:

     http://linux.wps.com/
So, I updated a basic port for it here:

https://people.freebsd.org/~pfg/ports/linux-wps-office.tgz

The above passes portlint but I really don't know well how linuxulator
ports should work.
I'd like to know more about those ports as well.
Open questions:

- Does the RPM stuff figure out the right PREFIX? In order words, is the
path OK?

- Do I have to add a softlink so the program can be executed?

- What to do about desktop icons.

- I still have to figure out what to do about fonts, if anything.

As fair as I understand the documentation, everything should be installed in the default PREFIX (usually /usr/local). At least, that's what I did recently for the biology/linux-foldingathome port, which works nicely with our Linux compatibility layer. Only infrastructure packages (such as libraries) should be installed under /compat/linux.

It would be great, however, to learn more from people who worked more with ports utilizing Linuxulator.

Regards,

Mateusz Piotrowski