Hi,

I am running 12.1-STABLE (r362940), ports head (541271) and compile all my
ports with poudriere-devel

My /etc/src.conf contains …

        WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=yes

… thus I do not have /usr/lib/libmilter.so in base.

The recent modification of security/clamav/Makefile breaks my setup (again [1],
see
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2018-December/115116.html).

Error message ...

        checking for mi_stop in -lmilter… no
        configure: error: Cannot find libmilter
        *** Error code 1

… and after having that fixed another error:

        checking for mi_stop in -lmilter… yes
        checking libmilter/mfapi.h usability… no
        checking libmilter/mfapi.h presence… no
        checking for libmilter/mfapi.h… no
        configure: error: Please install mfapi.h from the sendmail distribution
        ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
        *** Error code 1

I managed to get compilation working with the attached, surely crude and dirty
hack (due to my lack of knowledge regarding ports Makefiles), by adding
'MILTER_LDFLAGS= -L${LOCALBASE}/lib' and 'MILTER_CFLAGS=
-I${LOCALBASE}/include'  in order to help finding relevant files from port
mail/libmilter.

What worries my somehow, although clamav is working as usual, is the following
part in poudrier's log:

        checking for mi_stop in -lmilter… yes
        checking libmilter/mfapi.h usability… yes
        checking libmilter/mfapi.h presence… no
        configure: WARNING: libmilter/mfapi.h: accepted by the compiler,
rejected by the preprocessor!
        configure: WARNING: libmilter/mfapi.h: proceeding with the compiler's
result
        checking for libmilter/mfapi.h... yes

Here my question: Is this the right way to fix this issue?

Thanks and regards,
Michael

[1] no pun intended