heads up!

----- Forwarded message from "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jes...@cisco.com> -----

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 21:57:23 +0000
From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jes...@cisco.com>
To: ClamAV users ML <clamav-us...@lists.clamav.net>,
        "clamav-de...@lists.clamav.net" <clamav-de...@lists.clamav.net>,
        "clamav-annou...@lists.clamav.net" <clamav-annou...@lists.clamav.net>
Subject: [Clamav-devel] ClamAV?? blog: ClamAV 0.103.0 release candidate
x-mailer: Apple Mail (2.3608.120.23.2.1)

> https://blog.clamav.net/2020/08/clamav-01030-release-candidate.html
> <https://blog.clamav.net/2020/08/clamav-01030-release-candidate.html>
>
> ClamAV 0.103.0 release candidate
>
> Today we are pleased to announce the ClamAV 0.103.0 release candidate
> <https://www.clamav.net/downloads>!
>
> Please help us validate this release. We need your feedback so let us know
> what you find and join us on the clamav mailing list
> <https://lists.clamav.net/mailman/listinfo/clamav-users>, in #clamav on
> irc.freenode.net, or on our Discord <https://discord.gg/sGaxA5Q>, which is
> bridged with our IRC.
>
> Please submit bugs to on our Bugzilla
> <https://bugzilla.clamav.net/enter_bug.cgi?product=ClamAV>.
>
> ClamAV 0.103.0 includes the following improvements and changes.
>
>  Major changes
>
> clamd can now reload the signature database without blocking scanning. This
> multi-threaded database reload improvement was made possible thanks to a
> community effort.
> Non-blocking database reloads are now the default behavior. Some systems that
> are more constrained on RAM may need to disable non-blocking reloads as it
> will temporarily consume 2x as much memory. For this purpose we have added a
> new clamd config option ConcurrentDatabaseReload which may be set to no.
>
> Special thanks to the following for making this feature a reality:
> Alberto Wu
> Alexander Sulfrian
> Arjen de Korte
> David Heidelberg
> Ged Haywood
> Julius Plenz
> Michael Orlitzky
>
> Thank you all for your patience waiting for this feature.
>
> Notable changes
>

> The DLP module has been enhanced with additional credit card ranges and a new
> engine option which allows ClamAV to alert only on credit cards (and not, for
> instance, gift cards) when scannning with the DLP module. This feature
> enhancement was made by John Schember, with input from Alexander Sulfrian.
>
> Support for Adobe Reader X PDF encryption, an overhaul of PNG scanning to
> detect PNG specific exploits, and a major change to GIF parsing which makes
> it more tolerant to problematic files and adds the ability to scan overlays,
> all thanks to work and patches submitted by Aldo Mazzeo.
>
> clamdtop.exe now available for Windows users. Functionality is somewhat
> limited when compared with clamdtop on Linux. PDCurses is required to build
> clamdtop.exe for ClamAV on Windows.
>
> The phishing detection module will now print "Suspicious link found!" along
> with the "Real URL" and "Display URL" each time phishing is detected. In a
> future version, we would like to print out alert-related metadata like this
> at the end of a scan, but for now this detail will help users understand why
> a given file is being flagged as phishing.
>
> Added new *experimental* CMake build tooling. CMake is not yet recommended
> [...]

Please submit your patches to our Github:
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/pulls

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml

----- End forwarded message -----

https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b
New Brunswick Save The PRovince Vote Liberal 14 Sept!!