On 11/12/20 5:18 PM, Yuri Pankov wrote:

Could it be something that changed on remote side, e.g. any recent updates?

Sure.
Most targets are Windows 10 machines, so they possibly updated to a newer version, but I don't know.
One is Windows 2012, though, so I don't think that changed that much.

As a workaround, try increasing the buf size to e.g. 512 in utils.c:_utils_cert_get_info().

Sorry, looks like I'm reading that backwards, and increasing the buf size will actually make it worse.

BTW, did you previously have rdesktop compiled without DEBUG option, so that assert() simply didn't fire, and now it's ON?

Actually I built it in poudriere *without* DEBUG option.

I might as well enable it and investigate, then.

 bye & Thanks
        av.