Hi Yuri,

Am 24.11.20 um 10:06 schrieb Yuri Pankov:
Rainer Hurling wrote:
Yesterday I committed net/hblock [r556099] after changing the patch to PLIST_FILES (instead of pkg-plist with only two files) against the suggestion of the submitter. The line in question is:

PLIST_FILES=bin/${PORTNAME} %%MANPAGES%%man/man1/hblock.1.gz

I made this change because it allows the port to build and install correctly in all combinations of OPTIONS.

With the use of %%MANPAGES%%% in PLIST_FILES one can selectively enable and disable the building of manpages.

The maintainer of net/hblock informs me about a problem with using %%MANPAGES%% in PLIST_FILES. I don't know why I did not notice the message from 'portlint -AC' before:

FATAL: PLIST_FILES: files cannot contain %%FOO%% variables.  Use make variables and logic instead

Is it possibly correct to use %%MANPAGES%% in PLIST_FILES and only portlint can't handle it?

Is there an alternative to switching back to pkg-plist file?

Thanks in advance for clarification and maybe a suggestion for correct usage.

See 5.13.3.11 in https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-options.html, i.e. use MANPAGES_PLIST_FILES=.
See x11/swaybg/Makefile for example.

That's it! Thanks for the hint :)

I will prepare a patch for net/hblock ...