On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 12:50:09 +0000
Karsten Pedersen <kpeder...@disroot.org> wrote:

> > Hmm, seems so, but I don't have xorg-minimal installed
> >
> > $ pkg info xorg-\*
> > xorg-fonts-truetype-7.7_1
> > xorg-server-1.20.11,1
> >

> Ah I see, you have a lighter install of Xorg than me. OK I have
> been looking around at what is really pulling Wayland in and it
> seems that Gtk itself does too (at least by default) :/
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/x11-toolkits/gtk30/
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=^gtk3-3.24.27

Gtk at least has an option to disable it, but I might end up with installing
wayland anyway, since deskutils/copyq depends on it too now (not to mention a
bunch of kf5-* libs that should be irrelevant for a clipboard manager)

xorg-minimal depends also on xf86-video-vesa which depends on wayland
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=%5Exf86-video-vesa-2.5.0&stype=name

--
/*
 * Serpent7776