On 4/27/21 9:23 AM, CTS - FreeBSD Team wrote:
Hello!

I just created my first FreeBSD port for the small self-hostable
streaming server https://owncast.online written in Go.

On my own poudriere package build server it build fine for FreeBSD 11
and 12 (amd64). It installs fine and even runs afterwards.

How am i supposed to go on from here? Should i just open an issue in
the bugtracker with the patch and have a discussion there or is it
better to present it here first and have the discussion about it here
on this list?

Bye

Hi Markus,

Yes, you should open an issue with a patch in the bug tracker
as described in the FreeBSD porters handbook[1].
It's also a good idea to advertise about your port in this ML,
it helps to to find a committer for the port ;).

Cheers,
-- rodrigo

[1] https://www-legacy.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html