On 5/4/21 3:53 PM, Freddie Cash wrote:
On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 8:33 AM Robert Huff <roberth...@rcn.com> wrote:

          Would some kind soul please tell me which port installs the
executable "g-ir-scanner"?  I was purging unused ports and seem to
have done this one by mistake.

http://freshports.org allows you to do searches of pkg-plist files.  It's a
little finicky, though.

Doing a search for "g-ir-scanner" returns 0 hits, regardless of what type
of search is done.

Doing a search for "bin/g-ir-scanner" returns gobject-introspection.

So if you know the path for the file (relative to /usr/local), then the
search works.

pkg-provides also does the job :)

% pkg provides g-ir-scanner

Name    : gobject-introspection-1.66.1,1
Desc    : Generate interface introspection data for GObject libraries
Repo    : FreeBSD
Filename: usr/local/man/man1/g-ir-scanner.1.gz
          usr/local/bin/g-ir-scanner