Hi!

> I noticed that there is a numpy port for Python2.7 in the Ports Collection,
> but none for Python3.x. I tried installing numpy via pip3 for Python3.6
> (from the Ports Collection), but I got a lot of Fortran related errors and
> the end result was a build failure. Are there any efforts to provide a
> Python3 port for numpy (like py36-numpy, for instance)?

Yes, there's an effort, but it's more general that the effort tries
to provide the 'flavour' type of package which allows a user
to select if she wants the py2 or the py3 flavor of a python port.

There's code in a review at

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10327

and some ticket on a exp-run to test the implementation. If all
issues are handled, it will land in the tree and will probably also
cover numpy.

--
p...@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         3 years to go !