Le 04/09/2017 à 12:10, Kubilay Kocak a écrit :
> On 9/4/17 5:44 PM, René Ladan wrote:
>> <mailto:ko...@freebsd.org>>:
>>
>>     On 9/3/17 8:33 PM, Rene Ladan wrote:
>>     > Author: rene
>>     > Date: Sun Sep  3 10:33:56 2017
>>     > New Revision: 449196
>>     <https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/449196>
>>     >
>>     > Log:
>>     >   Remove Python 3.3 and related ports, it expired today:
>>     >   2017-09-01 lang/python33: No longer receives bug fixes, only
>>     security updates. Please update to Python 3.6
>>     >   databases/py33-gdbm
>>     >   databases/py33-sqlite3
>>     >   devel/py33-setuptools
>>     >   x11-toolkits/py33-tkinter
>>     >   devel/py3-enum34
>>     >
>>     > Deleted:
>>     >   head/databases/py33-gdbm/
>>     >   head/databases/py33-sqlite3/
>>     >   head/devel/py3-enum34/
>>     >   head/devel/py33-setuptools/
>>     >   head/lang/python33/
>>     >   head/x11-toolkits/py33-tkinter/
>>     > Modified:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>     Please undelete py-enum34.
>>
>>     it is a backport of a 3.4 module for all versions < 3.4 (including 2.7),
>>     not just 3.3 and still a dependency for any port that
>>     setup.py:*_requires it, orthogonal to any lang/pythonXY ports existence.
>>

>> devel/py-enum34 is still out there. Only devel/py3-enum34, which was
>> only useful for Python 3.3 got removed.
> It is *not* only relevant for 3.3, it is relevant for any python package
> (current, or future) that references it as a dependency, orthogonal to
> the Python version.
>
> In particular, for this (enum34) case, enum34 can be a dependency for
> *any* package for any Python version, including for > 3.4 (eg: 3.5, 3.6,
> future 3.x).
>
> What was incorrect, and probably threw off the scent was
> *USES=python:3.3*. It should have always been 3.3+.
>
> Something that is not immediately clear, but has been mentioned in the
> past: Even if/when enum34 (and any module for that matter), ends up in
> the standard python library, if a package references 'module' in its
> *_requires, the *stdlib module does not satisfy it* and the package will
> break.
>
> The confusion happened before with argparse, and has happened again with
> enum34. In this case complicated and red-herring'd by the py/py3-
> duality, and more so due to the incorrect USES line.
>
>> At least both 'rmport' (which cross-greps all ports Makefiles) and 'make
>> index' were still happy.
> That:
>
> - Only covers existing that may have referenced it
> - Only validates framework semantics, not runtime dependency
> instantiation, and
> - Does not take into account any ports that may need to reference (now
> or going forward).
>
> Again, py3-enum34 is a valid, current python package for any Python 3.x,
> for any port that is buildable with Python 3.

> [...]

Let me explain, again, what Rene and Adam said.

The devel/py3-enum34 port was *only* used in the ports tree by *one*
port and it was security/py-cryptography.  The only case when the
py3-enum34 was used in that port was when PYTHON_REL was between 3300
and 3400.  This version range no longer exists, as Python 3.3 was
removed today. So this port is no longer needed.

If, in the future, it is needed again, for whatever reason, it can be
added back very easily, but right now, it is not, and we do not keep
un-needed ports for the fun of it.

--
Mathieu Arnold