-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bertrand
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 5:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: can't start installation on ASUS P2L97-S

Dear all,
I can't start FreeBSD installation either from CD, nor from Floppy.
System hangs at hw probe in a fashion that i can't interprete.
BIOS upgrade, removing physical hw equipment, disabling devices at
bios level didn't helped at all (Please, have a look at history below
for details).

Please, notice also that:
1. Booting and installing Slackware Linux 8.1 CD on this system
   succeed without any problems
2. Booting an OpenBSD 2.9 install CD succeeded without any problems.
   I canceled the installation process, exiting fdisk and disklabel
   utilities without changes.

I love :-) FreeBSD and would not like to changes OS while there
is a chance to overcome this problem, which may result from a
lack of knoledges of myself (i still consider my self as a newbe,
although i made successfull FreeBSD installs on a few systems,
including athlon, PIII, 586 and 486).

Special thank's to Joe & Fhe for theire help.
Kindest regards
Bertand