ctrl-C is a windows copy command. in the unix world, it's often an abort
stroke.

the console clipboard and the X clipboard are indeed 2 different things.
when i start X, i redirect stderr to stdout, and tee it to a logfile.
your best bet is to dump the console contents you want into a file, and
then read that file in X.

-Adam

--
"Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw."