Hi,

I can't figure out how to use the dpms parameters in KDE (version 3.0.2,
build from ports recently). KDE seems to ignore the BlankTime/StandbyTime/
SuspendTime options in the XF86Config file, and the entry in the Control
Center (Power Control/Energy) that looks like it should handle this doesn't
work either. The help file there doesn't give a clue.

When typing 'xset dpms force suspend' in a WindowMaker session, the screen
suspends, but when doing this in KDE nothing happens. Also, power save
works correctly while the kdm login screen is active.

This problem has been around for a while (since KDE 3.0 or so) but I never
bothered about it until now.

TIA,
Karel.