On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
>       I've just done a fresh install of 4.4Rel, and I'm trying to upgrade to
> the latest stable.
>
> In single user mode [using shutdown now] having dropped from multiuser mode -
> All went well until I got to "make installworld". I hit the issue mentioned in
> UPDATING 20020404 about the new Sendmail user smmsp. I followed the advice to:
> cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/mergemaster; make install clean

The "clean" there is the problem. What UPDATING actually says is:

        cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/mergemaster; make all install [clean]

I'll delete that altogether, as it's misleading and potentially dangerous.

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?