At 3:34 PM -0700 7/24/02, Ed Yu wrote:
>You are right. When I restart the machine after I
>uncommented LPD_ENABLE="YES", /var/run/printer shows
>up. I also did check /usr/local/sbin and there are lpc
>and lpd in it. I basically totally mixed LPR and
>LPRng.

Hmm.  I am not completely sure I understand what you
did.  It sounds like now you might have both the
"standard lpr" and the alternative lprNG running.

You only need to have one of them running.  You just
need to make sure you are using the versions of 'lpc'
and 'lpr' which match the version of 'lpd' that you
are using.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]