Hello,

I am attempting to centralize login credentials via RADIUS, as opposed to the
current [evil] NIS.

Currently, a telnet to my RADIUS authenticated [PAM] host goes like this:

        su-2.05a# telnet localhost
        Trying 127.0.0.1...
        Connected to localhost.mfn.org.
        Escape character is '^]'.
        Trying SRA secure login:
        User (root): test
        Password:                       <--- RADIUS PW is accepted according
        [ SRA accepts you ]             to logs.

        FreeBSD/i386 (STEELMILL) (ttyp1)

        RADIUS password:                <--- RADIUS again sends an accept, but...
        Login incorrect
        login:

It looks to me like telnetd is getting it right, but the login process is
missing it.  I have tried many variation of the default pam.conf with no
changes.  I have noticed that if I place a passwd entry for "test", using
"*" for the password, auth works.  This led me to try using
"template_user=nobody", without success.

Does anybody have RADIUS auth working for direct logins?  (The NAS are fine,
it's just telnet/login/ssh on the BSD boxen themselves that are borked...

Please copy me directly, as I am not currently subscribed.

P.S. How's 5.0 looking for the targeted release date?  Inquiring daemons want
to know!

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson