Now that I have "XFree86" working and KDE 2.2.2, and having surprised
myself by getting xpdf properly installed and working (but not associated
with .pdf files unfortunately), my newest problem is needing a *.DOC file
reader.  Micro$oft themselves offer a free reader download but for Windows.

Having failed the process of installing openoffice and not wishing to shell
out $75 just yet for StarOffice, does anyone have a read-only .doc solution?

Thanks, oh, and while I'm at it, KDE's Konqueror browser doesn't seem to
digest Java well (no JVM or java virtual machine) nor Macromedia Flash :(

Any clues?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder