On 2002-09-17 21:59, Stacey Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd like to now set up sendmail to receive mail destined for my
> (registered) domain. Now, I know I have to edited the freebsd.mc file in
> /etc/mail, but after this, its not entirely clear how it is I am
> supposed to proceed afterwards.

The canonical way of converting .mc files to .cf on FreeBSD is to use
the Makefile found in /etc/mail (originally found in /usr/src/etc/mail).
Just edit freebsd.mc and then run:

        # make

The file /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/README describes that the same
thing can be accomplished with a command like:

        # m4 -D_CF_DIR_=${CFDIR}/ ${CFDIR}/m4/cf.m4 config.mc > config.cf

after having set CFDIR to the proper value, of course (in the case of
FreeBSD this would be CFDIR='/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf').

> 1] Where it is I can find out how to use m4 to generate a .cf file?
> 2] Do I still need to "run make" in /etc/mail even though sendmail was
> compiled and installed at system installation time?

Hopefully both have been answered :)

--
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve       http://www.FreeBSD.org/
FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p20 #0: Tue Sep 17 15:23:24 EEST 2002