I am trying to run Gnome 2.0 and before running startx I `setenv
WINDOW_MANAGER metacity` (tcsh).

It seems I keep getting layers and layers of desktops and the "taskbar" at
the bottom of the window gets obfuscated.  When startx is done, I can right
click and choose "New Terminal" but the usual borders of [_] and [X] and
[-] etc are missing, cropped away.  When I run "top" and kill nautilus
things come back.

Is nautilus part of Gnome 2.0 or part of metacity?!

Crashing Win98SR1 was easy enough using IE and Outlook but today I saved a
page as complete from Mozilla 5.0 and it crashed the X11 environment!!
Should I be proud?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder