I just enabled xdm on my 4.6.2 machine. I like it much better than having to
"startx" all the time, but I have two questions:

1) Do the console messages have to go to the xdm-enabled terminal? How can I
get them back on ttyv0 like they used to be?

2) I enabled the default line in /etc/ttys for xdm, but I changed the terminal
type from "xterm" to "xterm-color". I was thinking this would make my xterms
default to xterm-color terminal type, but no, they're still straight xterm.
How can I get it to behave the way I want?

Kim Scarborough                                  http://www.unknown.nu/kim/
"I know of no man I despise more than Shakespeare; it would be positively a
relief to my mind to dig him up and throw stones at him."
                                                      - George Bernard Shaw