Guido Van Hoecke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes earlier:

> I specifically would like support for the Synaptics touch pad, but did
> not find much in the FreeBSD documentation, nor in the ports collection.

and now:

> Just for the record: the touchpad acts as a normal ps2 mouse and needs
> no special driver at all!
>
> (Thanx 2 hacker Brandon D. Valentine for the info)
>
> Hail FreeBSD!

Don't forget the better record for the info you've learned.  Please do
your pay-back duty so future Synaptics and "i-Buddie 4" users can't say
they did not find much in the FreeBSD documentation.

You can file a quick PR in category "doc" at
http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html
(or even a slow PR with patches to the documentation sources).

P.S. As I look into things a bit, I have to warn you that your PR might
get rejected because the hardware document seems to totally ignore
pointers and video cards (but not keyboards)!  Presumably, someone
wanted to leave those to XFree86 documentation, but as many people run
"moused" without an X server and as your experience shows, the
documentation should at least have a pointer section.  Please submit
your PR anyway and I'll submit another, suggesting a pointer section and
also a referral to the XFree86 documentation.