Hey!

The reason I were using IPv6 support was so I could be ready for the future.
Silly, huh? I'm now running the normal version.

The only thing I can seem to find out is the output of /var/db/mysql/ninja.err:

020926 17:37:09  mysqld started
020926 17:37:10  Warning: setrlimit returned ok, but didn't change limits. Max open
files is 496
020926 17:37:11  Warning: Changed limits: max_connections: 100  table_cache: 193
Cannot initialize InnoDB as 'innodb_data_file_path' is not set.
If you do not want to use transactional InnoDB tables, add a line
skip-innodb
to the [mysqld] section of init parameters in your my.cnf
or my.ini. If you want to use InnoDB tables, add for example,
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:30M
But to get good performance you should adjust for your hardware
the InnoDB startup options listed in section 2 at
http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

I haven't tried the --with-log function yet. The rest of your suggestions were
really helpful, though they didn't tell me much.

Got any other ideas? Could it be my uptime?

Thanks.

--janine