I have been wrestling with this OpenMotif bug disabling NEdit. I
tried to use the information in this link, but I couldn't get
XFree86-4-libraries to build because of some dependency on LessTif.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=542242+545230+/usr/local/www/db/text/2002/freebsd-ports/20020929.freebsd-ports

It wouldn't build either. Lesstif wouldn't reinstall nor could I
pkg_add it over the existing (damaged) version.

Fortunately, I was able to pkg_delete lesstif then pkg_add it: it
then installed XFree96-4-libraries for me and NEdit works again.

Is this the best list to find out about pitfalls like this?

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.  The world owes
you nothing.  It was here first."
                -- Mark Twain