-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Donadio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mike Hogsett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 16:13:13 -0400
Subject: Re: 8.4Gb IDE Drive Limit

Mike Hogsett wrote:
> How did you partition the 40Gb drive?

Thanks for the reply.

I split the drive in two with the intentions of installing FreeBSD on
one slice, and Linux on the other (I haven't tried Linux yet).  Are you
suggesting that I should try putting / on a small slice by itself, and
see if that boots?  It's worth a shot.

I just recently did something similar (put / on a
third drive to simplify multibooting on a system
that also includes a 2-disk RAID array).  Searches
in Google and Google Groups were invaluable in
providing information about how to move the /
partition without fuss.  Dump/restore and change
/'s /etc/fstab entry, as I recall.

Jud