On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 08:27:17AM +0600, ???? ??????? typed:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> how to force booting from da0s1e, not from da0s1a ??

Read LINT:

#
# The root device and filesystem type can be compiled in;
# this provides a fallback option if the root device cannot
# be correctly guessed by the bootstrap code, or an override if
# the RB_DFLTROOT flag (-r) is specified when booting the kernel.
#
options         ROOTDEVNAME=\"ufs:da0s2e\"

> (I've no idea why, but /boot.config in this case doesn't work)

If it's not mounted, how can it be read?

> Ilia Chipitsine (???? ???????)

  • ... Илья Шипицин
    • ... Ruben de Groot
      • ... Илья Шипицин