paul beard wrote:
> Two questions, perhaps I should break them out.
>
> First off, why, when I use truss(1) to look at what a program is doing,
> does it look for /etc/malloc.conf? Never finds it, carries on anyway.

I mean to say, the program being examined looks to
/etc/malloc.conf and carries on, not truss(1).

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

The opossum is a very sophisticated animal.  It doesn't even get up
until 5 or 6 p.m.