Hi,

>>>>> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 16:36:16 +0100
>>>>> "chris scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

c.scott> I've just cvsed up and made world to freebsd 4.7 stable, without a hitch.
c.scott> However when I rebooted my machine the vpn tunnel which it was running
c.scott> wouldnt come back up. After a while of checking configs and poking around I
c.scott> found it was because the gif interfaces were cinfigured and not up. A simple
c.scott> ifconfig gif0 up fixed this. I have never had to do this before as when I
c.scott> have created gif interfaces the device was automatically up, this doesnt
c.scott> seem to be the case anymore. Is this a new feature or a bug?

Doing up gif device automatically was a bug, and it was corrected.
/etc/rc.network was changed to do up gif tunnel during setup.  Please
don't forget to do mergemaster.

Sincerely,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/