On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 02:17:16PM -0500, Christopher Schulte wrote:
> ffmpeg doesn't want to compile for me.... Anyone
> compiled this?  There is a PR about the distfile
> changing, but notes indicate the port's Makefile
> still works with it.....  TIA for any ideas.

Port problems should usually be discussed with the maintainer.

> cc  -Wl,--warn-common -o ffmpeg_g ffmpeg.o -L./libavcodec -L./libav \
>               -lavformat -lavcodec -L/usr/local/lib -lz

It should be linking with libm, and in fact the old version does so
for me (the package compiles successfully and is available on the ftp
site).

Perhaps the new version is broken.  You can either fetch the package,
or a copy of the correct distfile, from ftp.freebsd.org or a mirror.

kris