I have added the line recommended below but I am still getting a similiar
error, except now I have
Oct 17 05:43:38 infinity mail.local: setreuid(0, 0): Operation not
permitted (r=1, e=1)

So I decided to look for the file mail.local and notice the following:
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin  bin  73967 Oct 16 12:28 /usr/local/libexec/mail.local

I also have mail.local at /usr/libexec/ /usr/local/bin/ but those two
mail.local file has ownership root and group wheel.  Shouldn't all have
them have ownership root and group wheel?

Many thanks once again.

Ada