On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 09:10:21AM -0400, John Bleichert wrote:

> Also, there's a
>
>  *default release=cvs tag=
>
> line in the example ports supfile - should I/we make that:
>
>  *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_7

Don't do that.  The ports tree is not branched and tagged in the same
way as the system sources, and using a system tag there will only lead
to wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Besides, if you read carefully you'll see that the relevant line in
the ports-supfile is:

    *default release=cvs tag=.

That final '.' is vital...

        Cheers,