On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:54, David Lloyd wrote:
> I tend to add a rule that is the equivalent of "accept everything" at
> 65534 or thereabouts _if_ and _only if_ I really want a firewall of this
> type.

Actually, I would reccomend the opposite (if it is a remote server), so 65535
allows all, and 65534 denies all.

The reason for this, is if your rc.firewall file is accidentally stuffed up or
your rc.conf file or something similar, if the rc.firewall is not setup
properly, you are locked out of your system. But when all is fine, it
defaults to deny all.

Regards,
Jacob

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386