On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 11:20:44AM -0400, Denis Fournier wrote:
> Hi, I work in a research environnement. I found and installed FreeBSD
> 2.2.6. But now I need to recompile the Kernel but the download did not come
> with the src directory.
> I know that I can check on the CVS server but I don't know how to get the
> files.
> I would appreciate if someone can e-mail me the src directory or tell me
> where a can get it or how to get it if I have to go on the CVS server.

Have you got a copy of cvsup that will work on that old a system?  If
so, then you should be able to use a supfile like the following to
retrieve all of the system sources:

    *default host=cvsup.ca.freebsd.org
    *default base=/usr
    *default prefix=/usr
    *default release cvs tag=RELENG_2_2     (or RELENG_2_2_6_RELEASE)
    *default delete use-rel-suffix
    *default compress
    src-all

Then I believe you may have to hunt around in /usr/share/examples/cvsup
to find out how to download some extra crypto stuff which has been
rolled into the main codebase for modern releases.

If you can't get hold of a version of cvsup that works on that system,
you should be able to pull down the sources by anonymous cvs:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html

where you will ultimately want to run:

    cvs co -rRELENG_2_2 src

which should get you the latest 2.2.x sources for the kernel and the
rest of the system.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way