# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2002-10-15 17:18:51 -0400:
> Help I was installing from a cd and the system locked up I rebooted
> and the screen says:
>

> >> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
> Default:0:ad(0.a)/kernel
> boot:
>
> OR every other time it says something to the effect of "cant load
> kernel" and "cant load kernel.old"
> type help for a list of commands.
>
> I told the BIOS to look at the CD drive first hoping it would boot
> from the CD but that doesnt work.

    ISTR having this same problem with one computer: it would prefer the
    hard disk for booting no matter what the bios settings were. i
    *think* i "solved" the problem by putting the disk into another pc,
    and wiping it from there.

--
If you cc me or take the list(s) out completely I'll most likely
ignore your message.