On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 06:09:55AM +0800, Rafter Man wrote:
> Hi again
>
> I have installed the base system of FreeBSD 4.7-Release and now I am trying to get X
>windows, gnome2 and sawfish on my computer, so I go into:
> /usr/ports/x11/gnome2 and write "make install clean", but
>/usr/ports/databases/libgnomedb can't build (something with checksum not matching,
>but if I try compiling it without checksum check, is says that it can't find some
>dir).
> According to www.FreshPorts.org it is not broken, so am I doing something wrong? If
>not, how can I then get gnome2 installed?

1) Please wrap your lines at 70 characters

2) Please post exact error messages when reporting a problem, it is
difficult to guess them, and you're less likely to get help.

The checksum mismatch should indicate to you that there was a problem
downloading the file, or if the distfile has actually changed then the
port may have already been updated.  Update your ports tree, remove
the distfile from from /usr/ports/distfiles and re-fetch it (by hand
from another MASTER_SITE if necessary).

Kris