Wiesendanger, Stefan (Zurich) wrote:

Hi

I can't seem to install FreeBSD by FTP anymore - no matter which release,
it always complains that it can't find a file in the snapshots directory.
I've had a look, and actually, in the regional mirrors this directory (the
i386 subdirectory) is emtpy, and on the main FTP server
(ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386
<ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386> ) I'm getting some strange
garbled text back.

Are you sure that you're not behind a firewall that block the ftp-data port?

Is this a known problem?

Cheers
Stefan