Make sure your box has permission to connect /to/ these systems. The rules
below allow the DNS servers to send things *to* your box, but don't allow
your box to send things TO those servers. You need to give
your box the ability to send the request /out/ to them in the first place.

The hostname hangup is due to it trying to resolve the domain. Once you
get the DNS resolving that problem will disappear.