Chris Pressey wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:32:40 +0200
> Lefteris Tsintjelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > I've done this now with NO_OPENSSH=true in make.conf, but I *still*
> > > get errors!
> > >
> > I had the exact same results when I tried NO_OPENSSH=true. Kernel
> >                                                           ^World
> > wouldn't compile. Seems like kernel is broken with NO_OPENSSH=true.
> >                             ^World
> > Compile with OPENSSH and use sshd_program="/usr/local/sbin/sshd" at ur
> > rc.conf if you are trying to use the new sshd. U will also need to
> > change the PATH so that /usr/local/..... comes first. Its not the proper
> > way but still, its a workaround. :-)))
>
> Changing the PATH so that /usr/local/bin comes before /usr/bin resulted in
> a couple of differences in attempting to build it that seemed to go away
> once I dealt with /usr/local/bin/make and /usr/local/bin/grep (they were
> the GNU versions.)  Does the PATH need to be this way to buildworld, or
> just to run ssh?

Just for ssh or any other port u want to run first and coexists in your
world, and u just can't get rid of it. :) U should normally make
world/kernel with normal PATH unless u know what u r doing. I would
actually recommend to leave PATH at defaults when building world/kernel.
Otherwise it could break dependencies down. Sorry I forgot to mention
that before.