I have an old serial printer I'd like to hook up to one or another of my FreeBSD machines (desktop or laptop) and I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

I seem to have serial ports.

desktop:
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A

laptop:
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A

The printer is an old Stylewriter bubblejet for which I found a driver and the necessary filters. Once I cable it all up, what next?

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

Joe's sister puts spaghetti in her shoes!