Having tens of thousands of files collected over about seven years on
numerous HPFS volumes on a couple of OS/2 machines, and being tired of
shuffling between in .zip files, I'd love access to HPFS volumes (all
within extended DOS partitions) from the FreeBSD installs on those
boxes.  I'm well tuned to the WARNING, but readonly access will do ..

I'd looked over Semen Ustimenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'s HPFS code, and
was about to ask here if it still worked on 4.5-RELEASE and since, when
a colleague noticed this code in the 4.5 source tree, but that it's not
installed by default, nor mentioned in LINT (/sys/{modules,fs}/hpfs)

What do I have to do to add the filesystem?  I gather from skimming the
code that it is (or was?) hooked into mountd.  Is this a buildworld job
(after how enabling its inclusion?) or can I just make it (from where?)

Thanks in advance,

Ian