> [mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@;FreeBSD.ORG] On Behalf Of Ray Kohler
> The subject explains it pretty well -- last night
> I ran burnK7 from the cpuburn port and my system is
> toast. Now I'm trying to figure out just what it
> was I killed so I can replace it.
> About 40 seconds into the run, the system switched
> the power off. Now it won't switch back on again.
> ACPI was disabled (relevant, since this was -current)
> but APM was on. I know the power supply is good
> since the on-board NIC shows a link on the Linksys
> it's attached to, and that only happens when it has
> power. The system just does nothing when I push the
> power switch.
> So what needs replaced? The Motherboard? The CPU?
> Something else?
Generally, when this happens it's best to remove everything from the box
except for things necessary. Remove it all except the video card, then
try to boot and see if you can get the video's BIOS to pop up. Then put
the memory back and try booting again. Then put the hard drive back in
and try booting again. You should get the idea from here on out ;-)

---
|> /\ \/ @

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
DataSphere - Databases, back end web programming and networking
360.656.6226
ICQ: 21106703