Toomas Aas wrote:
Hi!

I have never used sis-based network adapter, so I skip the miibus stuff (it seems very weird indeed)
I guess miibus will be loaded if needed.

Also, one last thing, ifconfig says the sis is using full-duplex. Is
that ok, if maybe not the other side can handle full-duplex?
If the other side cannot handle full-duplex, then this is definitely *not* OK, and duplex mismatch can cause exactly the behaviour that you described.

What is in the other end of the connection?
Not a clue, but it is set as autoselect when doing ifconfig (see man
sis).

Anyway, try forcing the sis to the speed and duplex settings that match the other side and see if the problems go away.
Saw something about setting mediaopt's manually in rc.conf and will
take a closer look at that.

Best regards,
Paul