Brian McCann wrote:
	Hi all...I tried searching through the archives to find some
help...but there was WAY to much returned.  So...here's my question.  I
need to be able to open an X session (complete with KDE and all) from a
Win2k Box.  I've got Xmanager for Win2k, and I can connect and get an
xterm session via ssh, but when I type startx, it starts up X on the
console.  I would have thought it would have grabbed the name/number of
the display I was currently logged into to send the output to.  Anyone
know how I can do this, or a good site with a how-to?

Thanks,
--Brian

Hi Brian,

I got this to work using XWin32 ( using Enlightenment ).

Set XWin32 to use a single window.
I connected with /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm
Once connected, I typed 'enlightenment &' ( without the '' )
You would run 'kde &' ( again, without the '' ) .. ( at least that's what I think you would do, I don't use KDE )

I now have Enlightenment running on Win2000.

XWin32 can be found here:

http://www.starnet.com/

The software costs around $250.00 USD. There is a 30 day demo if you want to try it out.

Hope that helps,
Thanatos