On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, greg tibbetts wrote:

> I am attempting to test and see if the disc1 boot image works.  I am not
> sure but it doesnt seem to work. I created a bootable and a non bootable CD
> rom with easy cd creator and it doesnt boot from the cd rom even though I do
> necessities to the BIOS, to boot from cd rom.

Most often this is because people are taking the ISO file and saving it
as one large file on a CD rather than using it as a binary image of the
CD.  For your software, you should be able to right-click on the FreeBSD
ISO icon and select "Make CD" or whatever the option is called.  If you
drag and drop the ISO file, I don't think that will work.