Quoting "Paul A. Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Now you are saying '-netmask' doesn't work either, but you didn't say in
> what way. The error could not be the same. Since you didn't reply with
> further information, I guess now I can only assume you don't require any
> assistance.

Sure don't!  Thanks for your time.

For anyone who reads the linux-igd documentation.  Their route add line is
incorrect (at 'netmask') for FreeBSD, and the corrected route add line (with
'-netmask' - thanks Paul) does not work either.

The method I've found to work is to use an ifconfig alias (See Virtual Hosts in
the FreeBSD Handbook).