Peter Leftwich wrote:
I tried to install just the ports "base" using sysinstall but it started to
download the entire ports collection, and my HD space is limited.

Is there a part of the handbook that explains how to do this?  Or is there
a single command line I can use to cvsup the ports base?  I'm overdue.

Copy /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile to someplace convienent. Edit it and comment the ports-all and uncomment "#ports-base" and use it as the command argument to cvsup.

It still sounds like you are trying to install the transmission and ignore the rest of the car.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA