On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 04:46:31PM -0600, Josh Paetzel wrote:
> I just upgraded a test machine from 5.3-RELEASE-p5 to 5.3-RELEASE-p6.
> The make buildworld went fine.  When I tried to make buildkernel it
> kept saying that: kernel build for GENERIC complete on xx.xx.xx time
>
> I tried using the "old" way of bulding a kernel and that went without
> issue.  I'm bringing this up to see if it's a "bug" or if it's just
> something dorked up on my end.

I don't see anything wrong, here. What did you do?
What did you expect? What did you get?

The basic way would be:
cd /usr/src/
make buildworld
make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
make installworld

The exact procedure can be found in the handbook:
www.freebsd.org/handbook/

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.
WWW: http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/